Nasik : Public Ganesh Utsav, Navratri Utsav Mandals should get official electricity connection at subsidized rates on temporary basis. Also, Mahavitran requested festival boards to take serious note and take measures to avoid possible mishaps due to safety lapses in festival scenery, pavilions, lighting and electricity.
Ganesh festival is starting soon. Mahabitran Ganesh Utsava Mandal eg household electricity consumers will pay Rs 4 71 paise per unit for first 100 units, Rs 8 69 paise per unit for 101 to 300 units, Rs 11 72 paise per unit for 301 to 500 units and Rs 13 per unit for electricity. Consumption of more than 500 units. Electricity will be supplied at the rate of 21 paise. Some places do not officially connect on Ganeshotsav. Electrical connections, domestic or otherwise, are prone to major accidents.
To avoid such situations, Mahavitran has provided cheap electricity options to Ganesh Mandals. If Ganesh Mandal uses unauthorized electricity, action will be taken as per Indian Electricity Act 2003. Ganesha mandals may be at risk due to the possibility of rain during Ganeshotsavam
Take proper care of electrical system to avoid. During Ganeshotsav, all the officials of Ganeshotsav Mandal should keep the mobile phone numbers of concerned area engineers and employees to avoid possible danger due to short circuit, electric cable failure etc. in Mandap. Request to contact 1912 or 18001023435 or 18002333435 for complaints or emergency help available 24 hours.
How to be careful?
* Electrical arrangements and set up for pavilions and lighting should only be done by approved electrical contractors.
* Ensure that the power system in the Ganesh Utsav Mandap is in good condition.
* If the wire coating inside the mandap is damaged, current may flow through the iron sheet or wet material of the mandap. Such cables should be removed to avoid splices or if the splices are spliced with a suitable capacity sheathing strip.
* Make sure that plywood or wooden board is placed behind the button board (switch board).
* Low-pressure, high-pressure channels and Rohitras should be placed at a safe distance so that they do not touch the scenes of Ganesha festivals and processions.
* It is essential to have separate neutral for power supply and generator during Ganeshotsav.